How I Work

Initial Communication via email / phone / Skype.

Once you have decided that you’d like to make use of my services, a 50% non-refundable deposit is payable to secure your booking for my services on condition that I agree to do the wedding ceremony.


Once your booking is confirmed with me, I will need all documentation at the first meeting or emailed to me (please scan ID / Passport books). During the last week leading up to your wedding I will begin to fill in and complete the necessary forms and documents required by Dept. Home Affairs so must have all documentation or I will not do the ceremony.

The Ceremony.

I will conduct a warm, heartfelt and special ceremony that’s tailor-made to your requests and will ensure that everyone present thoroughly enjoys the ceremony.

Signing the Register.

I will complete all necessary documents beforehand and the Marriage Register will be signed by you both and your two witnesses straight after the ceremony that same day.

Marriage Certificate

I will then issue you our hand written Abridged Marriage Certificate straight after the signing of the register.


Integrity and Honesty of all Information.

It is entirely your responsibility, as the bridal couple, to provide honest and truthful information to me which I give to the South African Department of Home Affairs. I can therefore, by no means, take any responsibility for false or inaccurate information and / or documents supplied by you, to me.

Deposit and payment. 

Once the deposit has been made and then the wedding is cancelled by you (or if you don’t need my services), your deposit will not be refunded. Your deposit means that you agree to all the Terms and Conditions laid down for me to conduct your ceremony. In the unforeseen event that I may not be able to conduct your wedding, I will either give you your deposit back or find a replacement marriage officer according to your choice.

Unabridged Marriage Certificate.

Should you require an unabridged marriage certificate I will pay the Department of Home affairs admin fees due at the Supreme Court as well as Courier and Postage costs etc. In as much as I do my very best to get the Unabridged Marriage Certificate to you, I cannot be held responsible for any delay whatsoever on the part of SA Dept Home Affairs. At no time can I be made responsible for certificates that the SA Dept Home Affairs are to be issuing, which are delayed. The nature of this process is of such that once I’ve submitted the relevant forms, there is nothing more that I can do but wait. I am however committed to making regular inquiries as to finding out